Memorial Hall Hire
Now Open and Available for Hire – Please Enquire
Our new Memorial Hall is now open. We offer this service so the people of Canberra can celebrate the lives of their loved ones. Family and friends can gather in this newly established facility and enjoy the comforts it offers while saying goodbye.
Full day hire includes use of the hall from 7:30 am until 6.00 pm unless other arrangements have been made prior to the event.
The hire period includes access to the hall for all setup and takedown requirements. If the hiree fails to vacate the hall after the conclusion of the hire, the hiree shall pay Canberra Memorial Parks, upon demand, additional charges at current rates.
Included in the hire fee is full use of the venue, access to the rubbish facilities and a general clean after your event.
Disabled Parking is available to the rear of the building and accessed by the side road.
Parallel parking is permitted throughout the cemetery – other patrons are encouraged to park along roads unless otherwise directed by Cemetery staff.
Note that the area may be patrolled ACT Parking Inspectors. Hiree should encourage patrons to obey signs – vehicles not complying with signs may be fined.
Cemeteries staff will arrange for overflow parking if required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is smoking permitted? As for all ACT Government premises, smoking is not permitted inside Hall or within fifteen (15) metres of the building.
- Is there facility for families with young children? There is a quiet lounge available for the use of families with children.
- What if I need additional equipment not normally supplied? Any additional equipment will need to be arranged by the hiree.
- Is the building heated and cooled? There is heating and cooling throughout.
- Is there a kitchen? The Hall has a kitchenette only – facilities include a fridge, microwave, urn and bench areas.
- What furniture is available? Chairs/Tables – there are 4 x fold-down tables and 60 individual chairs supplied, however hirees can make their own arrangements for supply, as required.
- Is there a BBQ available? A gas BBQ is available on request – to be operated only by responsible adults.
- Are animals allowed? No animals except ‘service dogs’ are permitted in the Hall unless prior arrangement has been made.
- Are additional structures such as marquees available? Marquees (supplied by the customer) may be erected with prior approval in the courtyard and in the lawn area at the rear of the building.
- What is the Hire Cost? Fees vary depending on the circumstances – please enquire for a quote.